If you started your New Year’s resolutions of eating cleaner, or meal prepping, this is the recipe you should keep on file. It makes simple, shredded chicken that can be used to make almost any recipe.
Need some buffalo chicken wraps? Make some with this chicken.
Want to make some fajitas? Add the spices and you’re good to go.
This easy meal prep chicken is delicious, and great to have in the fridge for any sort of quick meals.
Ingredients: -2 pounds of chicken -1 tsp thyme -1/2 lemon, juiced -sprinkle of salt -1 bullion cube -water
- Add the chicken to the crockpot.
2. Dissolve bullion cube in 2 cups of hot water. Mix to make sure it dissolves evenly.
3. Add water/bullion mixture to the crockpot.
4. Squeeze half a lemon into the crockpot.
5. Add a sprinkle of salt, to preference.
6. Add the thyme.
7. Pour additional cold water into the crockpot until the chicken is completely covered.
8. That’s it! Cook it on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. When it’s done, take the chicken out and it will shred with ease. Store in the fridge for up to a week.
Let us know if you make and enjoy this recipe, and let us know what creations you made with your easy crockpot chicken!
Your friends at Clements’ and Lees’ Market