This soufflé recipe is the perfect weeknight dessert. It’s light but decadent, and full of flavor! It’s the best remedy for a chocolate craving fix, and it’s easy to make with some pantry staples.
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk - 1⁄2 cup unsweetened Dutch cocoa powder - 1⁄3 cup sugar - 4 eggs, at room temperature, separated - 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350. Either pam spray or butter a 1 quart soufflé mold (or really any old pan will work)
- Over medium heat in a small saucepan, pour the milk, cocoa powder, sugar and then stir to combine. Bring to boil stirring constantly.
3. Reduce heat and stir until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
4. Transfer to another bowl and cool slightly. Stir in egg yolks and melted butter. In a separate mixer, mix egg whites until they form peaks. Mix half of the egg white mixture into your chocolate mixture.
5. Gently fold in the last half of the egg whites. Pour into soufflé mold/pan. Bake on lowest shelf for 18 minutes.
6. Serve warm with fresh whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder!