This refreshing summer dessert is a great way to utilize local favorites like blueberries or honey. Feel free to make your own dough from scratch for a truly authentic recipe! These leftovers also make a great Sunday breakfast treat too.
Ingredients: -1 prepared 12 inch round pie dough (we used pillsbury dough) -1 1/2 cups rinsed fresh blueberries -1 tbsp sugar, plus 1 tsp sugar -1 tbsp honey -1 tbsp unsalted cold butter, cut into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add blueberries, 1 tbsp sugar, and honey to a bowl and stir together gently.
2. Add pie crust to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Pour the blueberry mixture into the middle of the pie crust.
4. Place cut butter evenly on top of the blueberries.
5. Fold and crease the sides of the pie crust on top of the mixture leaving some uncovered.
6. Brush top of galette with water. Sprinkle remaining 1 tsp of sugar over the top. Bake on lower rack of oven for 30-40 minutes and enjoy once cooled!
Recipe inspired by Julia Child