Roasted Brussels Sprouts:
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts ends trimmed, yellow leaves removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt to taste
Roasted Butternut Squash:
- 1 1/2 lb butternut squash peeled, seeded, and cubed into 1-inch cubes (Yields about 4 cups of uncooked cubed butternut squash)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Mix the Brussels sprouts in a bowl with the aforementioned ingredients, and mix the butternut squash in a separate bowl with the aforementioned ingredients. Place both on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for a total of 20-25 minutes, turning them over halfway through.
2. Toast the pecans in the oven on a parchment paper lined baking sheet at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes. Make sure to toss and check them every few minutes so they don’t burn!
3. Add the roasted veggies, pecans, and cranberries to a large bowl. Toss until evenly mixed and enjoy! Add a little extra drizzle of maple syrup if you desire.
Recipe inspired by: Julia’s Album