- 6 cups of cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 4 tbsp of four
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 cups of shredded cheese (we used 4 different types, parmesan, cheddar, havarti, and gouda but feel free to use as many different types as you want!)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- extra shredded cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 350. Melt the butter in a deep frying pan or medium saucepan on high heat. Sprinkle in flour and cook while continually stirring for about a minute. Add in half & half and heavy cream, cook until thickened. Gently stir in cheese, seasonings, and sour cream. Cook for a few minutes until sauce is nice and creamy.
2. Add in cooked elbows and put into 9×13 baking dish.
3. Top with extra shredded cheese and bake for 15 minutes at 350, and then on broil for 5 minutes until top is nice and crispy with a golden color.
4. Cool and enjoy!
Recipe inspired by: Naptural Roots